Meeting Place / Pick Up
We will pick you up from the south end of Poole Quay opposite the Quay Thistle Hotel at the agreed time. Car parking available in the Quay Thistle Hotel (postcode BH15 1HD – click for map). Please ensure you pay at the meter or at reception in the hotel. As we often do extra hours to ensure you get the fish we recommend to add a hour to the planned length of the trip.
We will text you by 19:00 the night before your trip or by 12:00 on the day of the trip for evening trips. If you don’t hear from us please call us to confirm on 07787375386
We will text you by 19:00 the night before your trip or by 12:00 on the day of the trip for evening trips. If you don’t hear from us please call us to confirm on 07787375386.
If you do not show up at the arranged time for individual trips then we reserve the right to leave without you as it is unfair on the other anglers on board. If you are running late please call 07787375386.
All anglers must bring the following:
Warm and waterproof clothing – shoes with non-slip soles; flip-flops are unsuitable for angling.
For winter trips a floatation suit is preferable.
Lunch; water or soft drinks we will provide tea and coffee if conditions permit. Drinking alcohol and taking recreational drugs is not permitted on our boats.
Skippers special requests:
**No muddy boots on the boat please**
**Please do not let your lead weight bang the side of the boat. Unclip them and put them in your pocket whilst you aren’t in the water**
**please only use bait boards provided for cutting up bait & ask for handy tips how to prepare your fish while minimising mess**
Included in the price of your trip are:
- Full safety briefing
- Tea and coffee
- We will show you how to gut or fillet your fish if time and conditions permit. They can be kept in prime condition in our Iceytek© fish boxes.
- Digital photo of your fish can be sent to you by e-mail after your trip.
- Instruction in how to fish if required.
You can find a list of recommended tackle on each page in “trips we offer” pages on this website
Forgotten something? Don’t worry we have a full range of tackle aboard. We can supply modern rods, reels and end tackle.
Don’t have your own kit? We offer excellent equipment hire:
- includes rod, reel (both light and heavy set up if need be), lead weights, and end tackle
- When you hire our equipment you are taking responsibility for it for the day, please look after it. Don’t put rods on the deck where they can be stepped on – if you unsure please ask.
- Please pay for any equipment lost. Eg. leads and lures
- Hire rods are included on shark trips
- Hire rods are not available on wreck trips
We will try to catch mackerel for bait in summer. Bait is available from the Sae Fishing Poole tackle hut adjacent to the departure point (01202 679666). We will inform you what to bring in the text calling the trip on.
We can often offer a service to provide bait and it may work out cheaper than buying your own. Please ask at time of booking.